Thursday, May 29, 2008

Fourth Reading 177-218

Dairy of Gray Beaver,
My new dog is named White fang. He is very attached to his mother. He doesn't really wonder around camp because the dogs don't like him. Lip-lip bullies him and always wants to pick fights. He follows his mother around the camp. But then I gave his mother away to a friend. He was sad and tried to follow after her. He didn't listen to me so I gave him a beating. He learned from that and he listens to me now. Because of being bullied on and being an outcast he became mean and vicious. He was turned into a mean dog and dogs to keep their distance from him.

Then I decided to go on a trip. I got some dogs, puppies and two sleds. I drove the first one and my son drove the other. My son put Lip-lip as the head dog and so all the other dogs envied him. He was always at the front and the dogs would nip his behind. Lip-lip was no longer their leader.

There was an incident at the new camp involving White fang my dog. He ate some of the frozen meat chips that flew of a chunk of meat a boy was chopping. There was nothing wrong with that because it was waste meat. But the boy picked up a club to beat him. White Fang bit the boy in defense and ran to me. I didn’t let the family punish White Fang because he didn’t eat their meat only the waste. Later the boy with the bitten had tried to hurt my son. They hit and punched him but White fang defended him by biting the boy and his friends. This really put White Fang on my good side. He also began to guard my possessions and family. Everyone learned to leave my stuff alone.

Your Indian

Gray Beaver

No comments: